How to open a small business base on home occupation in GA? How to collect/pay tax?

I want to open a small business by selling stuff on Amazon. Now GA require online small business to collect tax. How can I open a small business base on home occupation? What is step and what kind of document I need to prepare to apply business license? And how can I collect county tax and how to pay them to tax office? Do I need to pay quarterly tax? Thank you

Stockbridge, GA -

Daniel Dwight Bowen

Daniel Dwight Bowen

Business Attorney - Atlanta, GA

Depending on the amount of business you are planning on doing, you may need to consult with an attorney. Georgia is requiring on line internet companies like Amazon to pay tax on their sales. Sales tax is paid to the Georgia Dept. of Revenue. Check with Dept. of Revenue to see if your sales would be subject to sales tax. If you are covered, you pay the Dept. of Revenue. Quarterly tax is normally an issue for federal taxes and if you have significant income to the State. Check with the IRS or your accountant as to whether you need to pay quarterly tax.

Sponsored Listing
John Randolph Yoak

John Randolph Yoak

Business Attorney - Clearwater, FL

You should consult a Georgia CPA or tax attorney to determine whether you have to collect and remit sales (or use) tax on your online sales. They should also be able to help you register with the Georgia Department of Revenue. Also, when you ask "[will] you need to pay quarterly tax," if you are trying to determine what the required filing frequently for your sales and use tax might be (i.e., monthly, quarterly, annually), that is usually based on your sales volume.

Related Advice