How to open a new court case about a licence revokecation long after the appeals time has passed?

Asked about 5 years ago - Newmarket, NH

My friend lost his licence for excessive speeding a few times. The last time he was requested in court, he did not appear, and his case sentence defaulted to the maximum pentalty (4 years). It has been about two years, and my friend wants to try to get his licence back. The minimum sentence for the offense was one year. Is there a way to open a new case in which he can attempt to reobtain his licence? Who should be contacted? Is it necessary for legal aid?
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Have your friend phone the DMV to get answers and see about the process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,088 answers this week

2,925 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,088 answers this week

2,925 attorneys answering