How to obtain personal information?

Do I have right to get my own information from Homeland Security? Is there any formal procedure to get that?

Richmond, VA -

William Emil Cassara

William Emil Cassara

Military Law Attorney - Augusta, GA

You have to file a Freedom of Information Act request.

Jonathan David Marx

Jonathan David Marx

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bala Cynwyd, PA

Not a personal injury question - see http://www.dhs.gov/accessing-department-homelan...

Stuart Gregory Steingraber

Stuart Gregory Steingraber

Bankruptcy Attorney - Corona, CA

Get a lawyer to help you file a Freedom of Information Act (FOI) request. You will probably be stonewalled if you are following what little is being reported in the news about the slow response time from the authorities.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Civil Rights Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Have one of the above lawyers in your state help you with this Freedom of Information Act task

Cassie Lynn Baudean

Cassie Lynn Baudean

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Mechanicsville, VA

You may be able to obtain this information through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. However, the government may be able to charge you the actual cost of producing that information.