How to obtain personal information?

Richmond, VA |

Do I have right to get my own information from Homeland Security? Is there any formal procedure to get that?

1. Not a personal injury question - see http://www.dhs.gov/accessing-department-homeland-security-records-through-freedom-information-act

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Jonathan D. Marx and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney

2. You have to file a Freedom of Information Act request.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

3. Get a lawyer to help you file a Freedom of Information Act (FOI) request. You will probably be stonewalled if you are following what little is being reported in the news about the slow response time from the authorities.

4. Have one of the above lawyers in your state help you with this Freedom of Information Act task

5. You may be able to obtain this information through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. However, the government may be able to charge you the actual cost of producing that information.