How to obtain personal information?

Asked about 1 year ago - Richmond, VA

Do I have right to get my own information from Homeland Security? Is there any formal procedure to get that?

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

5

Answered . You have to file a Freedom of Information Act request.

2. Jonathan David Marx

4

Answered . Not a personal injury question - see http://www.dhs.gov/accessing-department-homelan...

3. Stuart Gregory Steingraber

2

Answered . Get a lawyer to help you file a Freedom of Information Act (FOI) request. You will probably be stonewalled if you are following what little is being reported in the news about the slow response time from the authorities.

Pro

2

Answered . Have one of the above lawyers in your state help you with this Freedom of Information Act task

5. Cassie Lynn Baudean

Answered . You may be able to obtain this information through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. However, the government may be able to charge you the actual cost of producing that information.