Skip to main content

How to obtain a warrant for back child support in Arizona?

Phoenix, AZ |

I have a court order for child support from San Diego County in California. My daughter and I moved back home to IL in 2006 so they are now the "enforcers" of the order through the IL Child Support Agency. Her father moved from California to Phoenix, AZ. However besides one wage garnishment that lasted 3 months until he quit neither state is doing anything. He currently owes over $110,000 in arrears and hasn't made a payment since 5/2012. How can I get an arrest warrant served as AZ said they only enforce their own county orders?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I suggest attempting to register the California order in Arizona and trying to get enforcement services from there to get after him. You can't just obtain a warrant for his arrest.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.



How do I register it in AZ without being there? is that possible?

Matthew Thomas Majeski

Matthew Thomas Majeski


You may need to contact an Arizona attorney to help you with it. I'm not sure of the exact process there.


There are a couple of different ways to enforce your order. You can request from Illinois that it ask the State of Arizona to go after him. This is a long slow process. You can seek enforcement in Illinois but that state can only enter orders that are not really enforceable beyond its borders. You can domesticate the San Diego child support order in Arizona and start an enforcement case here. This is the best way to go after him epically if you know where he is in Arizona. To domesticate the San Digo Order in Arizona you will need a certified copy of the most recent child support order so that it may be domesticated in Arizona. You can order a certified copy fom the clerk of the court for the cout that ordered the child support. You should contact an attorney in Arizona if you decide to precede to enforce the order in Arizona.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer