How to obtain a copy or simply view articles of a corporation of a company

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

In Los Angeles

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Michael Raymond Daymude

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Corporate articles are fairly useless for any purpose. However, you can determine if the corporation is in good standing and other information, such as the agent for service of process, from the CA Secretary of State website.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for... more
  2. Michael Leo Potter


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . First of all, if you are a Shareholder of the Corporation, you can simply ASK for a copy from the corporate Secretary. If you are not a shareholder, then I concur with my colleague that the Articles of Incorporation aren't going to be all that helpful to you. You want to know if the Company (either LLC or Corporation) is now in Good Standing. Go to the website of the California Secretary of State and do an Entity Search under the company name. Good Luck!

  3. Michael Charles Doland

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The articles can be ordered from the Secretary of State's office and information on how do do so is on the web site.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may... more
  4. Evelyn Susan Ginossi

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Here is the link that my colleagues have mentioned. I have also included the link for information requests on the California Secretary of State website.

Related Topics


Business law covers topics such as business structures, common documents, business taxes and finances, insurance, real estate, and government regulations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,412 answers this week

3,161 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,412 answers this week

3,161 attorneys answering