How to Obtain 911 Transcript?

Asked over 2 years ago - Lynnwood, WA

I live in WA state and I made a phone call to 911 in March 20th.
I'm filing for VAWA and I need the transcript from 911 as my evidence.
so how do I get it?

Additional information

Is it too late now?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lennard Anthony Nahajski

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . it all depends on which police agency responded. I suggest calling the police department who responded and inquire as to who does their dispatching. Once you know where the 911 call went to, it is easy to make a written request with them for the 911 recording. There is usually a small fee involved.

  2. David N. Smith

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Check to see if Washington has an Open Records Act similar to that in Texas and other states. If so, you would file a request under that law, although there may be an exception if the law enforcement agencies involved claim that they have an ongoing investigation concerning the incident in question. An attorney licensed in Washington could answer your question more fully.

    This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,157 answers this week

3,497 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,157 answers this week

3,497 attorneys answering