How to Obtain 911 Transcript?

Asked over 2 years ago - Lynnwood, WA

I live in WA state and I made a phone call to 911 in March 20th.
I'm filing for VAWA and I need the transcript from 911 as my evidence.
so how do I get it?

Is it too late now?

1. Lennard Anthony Nahajski

3

Answered . it all depends on which police agency responded. I suggest calling the police department who responded and inquire as to who does their dispatching. Once you know where the 911 call went to, it is easy to make a written request with them for the 911 recording. There is usually a small fee involved.

2. David N. Smith

2

Answered . Check to see if Washington has an Open Records Act similar to that in Texas and other states. If so, you would file a request under that law, although there may be an exception if the law enforcement agencies involved claim that they have an ongoing investigation concerning the incident in question. An attorney licensed in Washington could answer your question more fully.