How to Obtain 911 Transcript?

Lynnwood, WA |

I live in WA state and I made a phone call to 911 in March 20th.
I'm filing for VAWA and I need the transcript from 911 as my evidence.
so how do I get it?

Is it too late now?

1. Check to see if Washington has an Open Records Act similar to that in Texas and other states. If so, you would file a request under that law, although there may be an exception if the law enforcement agencies involved claim that they have an ongoing investigation concerning the incident in question. An attorney licensed in Washington could answer your question more fully.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

2. it all depends on which police agency responded. I suggest calling the police department who responded and inquire as to who does their dispatching. Once you know where the 911 call went to, it is easy to make a written request with them for the 911 recording. There is usually a small fee involved.