How to move the case forward if approval of petition was not revoked, but case no longer in National Visa Center?

New York, NY |

Instructions to provisional waiver application state that applicant must have already paid the National Visa Center immigrant visa processing fee. What if immediate relative petition was approved three years ago, the processing fee never paid, the approval of petition was not revoked, but case is no longer in National Visa Center. How to move the case forward?

file I-824. I strongly recommend that you work with an experienced attorney though as waivers are very tricky and complicated

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

This sounds like there may be some complications. I suggest you get an immigration lawyer to help you with this.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

Hire an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Recommended articles about Immigration