How to modify divorce decree to include unpaid loan and division of marital assets?

Asked about 1 year ago - Gretna, LA

Divorced almost 4 years but unpaid joint loan and marital assets were never addressed in divorce decree. How can I take care of this matter?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Larry Bernard Hampton Jr

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You will need to hire an attorney to contact your ex-spouse to see if an agreement can be worked out, or, alternatively, to file in court for a judicial partition of community assets and debts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,102 answers this week

3,143 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,102 answers this week

3,143 attorneys answering