How to make sure court will issue sealing order for my Disorderly Conduct (New York)

Asked almost 3 years ago - Bronx, NY

I got DC. How do I know when it's time the sealing order will be issued by the court? How do I double check that it is scheduled to be sealed?

I did emailed DCJ and based on what I just got back, all I need is to buy a certificate of disposition mail it and I think it gets purged at the FBI level?

Is that all I need to do to make sure it gets sealed? Wait and get this certificate and mail it in? Also, was I suppose to ask for sealing when I said I understood that I waived my rights to trial during arraignment? I didn't ask, lawyer said afterwords it just seals by itself without asking.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Sealing is automatic at the time the sentence is completed. If you received a Conditional Discharge, sealing occurs one year after the sentencing.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
  2. Steven Everett Savage

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . It seals on its own, but you shoukd monitor the process. When you believe the sealing should have occurred, go to the courthouse and check.

    Sent from an iPad of The Law Offices of Steven E. Savage
    Steven E. Savage, Attorney and Counselor-at-Law

    The Law Offices of Steven E. Savage
    384 Market Street,Suite C
    Newark, New Jersey 07105 (email)

    917.725.0529 (direct)
    973.954.4354 (office)
    973.732.1342 (fax)

    Notice of Attorney-Client Communications: This electronic mail
    transmission is intended only for the use of the person(s) and/or
    organization(s) to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
    and/or privileged information belonging to the sender and/or the
    receiver exclusively. It may be protected by the attorney client
    privilege or another privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
    you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
    the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
    information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
    transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e mail
    and delete the original message. We sincerely thank you for your
    anticipated cooperation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,649 answers this week

2,878 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,649 answers this week

2,878 attorneys answering