How to make someone getting paid under the table pay child support

Asked almost 2 years ago - Grand Junction, CO

Okay, the brief and vague. CDHS can not prove X is working because he is a DJ/KJ and despite working at least 3 different places almost every night of the week, those places pay him under the table so there is no paper proof he is employed. He advertises PUBLICLY on his own Facebook page when and where he'll be. I've talked to CDHS and they say they're taking the actions they can, but even their letters to his listed 'residences' return undelivered because someone isn't accepting them. Is there anything -I- can do to help THEM?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Best Answer

Answered . Take the man to court.

It is unclear from your question whether or not there are orders in place regarding the children in your lives. Some people go to child support enforcement prior to taking any court action so forgive me for speculating a bit. If you can pull funds together to retain an attorney, you may be able to either obtain an order for support, or ask to modify. You can also pursue a contempt motiont aht will bring him to the court.

A family law attorney could really help here.

I wish you luck!

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

2

Answered . Mr. Deasy is correct. You need to take him to court, whether through your own attorney or the County Attorney who support CDHS and subpoena the people who are paying your ex under the table to testify at the hearing.