How to legally establish an outsourcing company?

Decatur, GA |

Hi, I'm starting an offshore software development company. I wonder what the steps are to sign up my business entity, laying out my contract documents, and what else I may need to expect from a legal standpoint.

no offense ...but this is like asking how do I build a house. do some research on your own to understand the basics of those areas you will need some understanding and then, after your research, ask topical questions on points you were not sure of.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained. Please click "helpful" or "best answer" if my answer added any value or add a "comment" if you have more info for me to help you get a better answer.

2. I agree with my colleague. I have advised companies on offshore IT development and outsourcing and I can tell you it is very complicated from a tax and legal basis. You must hire an experienced business attorney or you will make more mistakes (and extremely costly ones) than you can imagine.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

3. Offshore implies different countries with different sets of rules. Determine where your business is going to be and find a business lawyer with experience in that country who is experienced with the laws of that county and interactions between that county and the US in terms of contract law and taxes.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP EMAIL: hmgrmg@yahoo.com, OFFICES: 53 W. Candler St., Winder, Ga. 30680, 106 Washington Street, Jefferson, Ga. 30549, Or 718 Oak St. Gainesville, Georgia. PHONE: (770) 307-4899 or (770) 538-0555 gadebtlaw.com hicksmasseyandgardner.com serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

Small business topics