How to include myself in warfarin class action lawsuit which i was treated with in an hospital environment and had problems

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

i am 64 and have fibrillator and suffered shortness of breath and severe lack of strength and lack of strength which inhibited my abilities in a day to day normality

1. Eric Lechtzin

3

Answered . There are several ways to participate in a class action. The first is to retain a lawyer who will file a class action lawsuit on behalf of you and all other similarly situated persons. Doing this will result in you serving as a named plaintiff in the lawsuit and a proposed class representative. It also entails certain obligations, including providing documents in response discovery requests, answering interrogatories, and having your deposition taken. In addition, you would need to supervise the representation of class counsel.

If you are unable or unwilling to serve as a named plaintiff, you can participate passively as an "absent" class member. As an absent class member you would not participate in the litigation, but you would receive notice if there is a settlement and be given the opportunity to file a claim, opt-out and sue on your own, object to the settlement, or do nothing at all, in which case you lose your right to sue and you do not get proceeds of the settlement.

If you wish to participate as a named plaintiff, you should consult with an experienced class action law firm. Class actions are highly complex and finding and retaining a skilled attorney is the best thing one can do to protect the interests of the class. Since class action firms, like mine, practice nationwide, it is not very important to find a firm in your state -- the important thing is to find the best class action counsel you can. Avvo is a good resource for doing this.

Pro

2

Answered . In addition, you can google the "drug" and "lawyer" to find a list of lawyers that are handling litigation of this drug, and call to be included. Good luck to you.

Free Consultation. 1-877-258-3083. Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted.
  3. Chad Guevara Boonswang

1

Answered . You should google warfarin class action, and contact the lawyers that come up in the search result.

Free Consultation. 1-800-330-2274