How to I get my Green Card back after Removal Proceeding was ordered closed and terminated by the IJ?

New York, NY |

LPR for 25 years. Was in removal proceedings because of a misd. drug offense. Judge ordered proceedings terminated and closed. This was not a Cancellation of Removal; the charge of removability was NOT SUSTAINED by DHS and the IJ Dismissed and Terminated the removal proceedings.

How can I get my Green Card back? ICE took it away from me when they initially detained me at the boarder, and gave me a temp GC that expired after one year.

I would like my GC back. Do I need to file a request/motion with ICE? Do I need to make a call? Does ICE send it back to me automatically?

Thank you in advance for your response.

1. Nothing is automatic with immigration. If you worked with an attorney, they should help you. If you did not - make the call.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. I concur. Consult your attorney or find a new one.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. ICE should return it to you if you contact them. However, it would probably be easier to get it done through an attorney.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]