How to handle three ongoing DUI related cases, one took place five years ago?

Carmel, CA |

I have three ongoing DUI related cases; however, they are still ongoing. So there is no probation. One should be dismissed due to the technicality issues. It took place in two different states.

There is really no way to give you anything close to good advice with the sparse facts here, but typically, when I have a client with multiple cases, and there isn't a good chance for dismissal, then I try to get a global offer for a guilty plea.

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

I would need more information to properly answer this question, especially, if we are dealing with an out of state case. You need to consult with an attorney directly.

What are the two states involved? How certain are you that one will be dismissed? If one gets dismissed, will that still leave two cases in two different states?

TX and Arizona. And I live in California. I was not a driver in TX. That is way the case has not been finalized it. Arizona cases have some technical issues. There was no due process. The same one case was processed in two different courts and the attorney could not find it. He continued the case at a wrong court. Antoher arizona case has no due process and the blood evidence should be surpressed. I talked to two dozens of attorneys and all but one incompetent attorney disagreed.

With the facts presented, I could not give you answer to your question. I would advise 3-5 AA Meetings per week... Bring proof of the AA Meetings with you to court. AA Meetings are like insurance, they might not help but it won't hurt you in court. It shows voluntary action by your part.

Daniel William Cohen

Daniel William Cohen

First, answer the question in your tag line how to handle three ongoing DUI cases, you definitely need to consult an attorney. Do not attempt this by yourself. I also agree with the comments above that there is not enough info to advise you past that. However, you should be aware that DUIs are somewhat special in the way they treat "prior convictions". If you are convicted of a DUI or wet reckless on a case, the prosecution can amend the charges to reflect a prior conviction even if it happened afterwards. A DUI with 2 priors has very serious ramifications. So once again, a qualified lawyer needs to examine all of the cases.

DUI topics