Skip to main content

How to go pro-say in court?

Centennial, WY |

i am going prosay in court for probation revocation i got a lawyer at short notice and need to get a continuance even though i was told i could not have another one but i recently got an attorney who isnt available till next week what do i do

Attorney Answers 1


If you have a lawyer, you are not pro se, you are a represented individual. If the lawyer accepted the representation, it is incumbent on the lawyer to get the adjournment or be in Court as directed by the Court. Get a copy of the retainer agreement, and a copy of the Notice of Appearance to show the court you are represented. It is then up to the lawyer to deal with the Court in regards to the adjournment. Good luck.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship or constitute legal advice. Instead, given the nature of this website, it is provided solely for informational purposes, for you to use as a starting point when speaking directly with a lawyer in your State. Do not assume that the legal theories I mention that pertain to NJ will apply in your State. The laws of each State; and, the facts of each case are different, and it is therefore critical for you to consult with a lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before making any decisions on how to handle or dispose of your case.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics