How to go about getting a paternity test even tho I signed the birth Certifcate

Tallahassee, FL |

At the time of my child birth I was unaware that someone else could be the father. My relationship with the mother ended years ago and a court order for me to pay child . Ive been paying , but last month after a court hearing she gotten upset with me because I'm not making the same salary and she want more and unable to pay more. So after court she tells me ,"oh your the father any how", my heart drop, so what do I do now because I want to know is this or isn't this my child Ive been caring for , for 13 years?

1. So was a paternity action ever done establishing your parental rights and time sharing with the minor child? Were you ever married to the mother? More information is needed and I would recommend you consult with a local family law attorney in your area directly.

Many great attorneys can be found here on Avvo and offer free consultations. Good luck.

/s/ Ophelia Bernal-Mora, Esquire
    Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A.
    37 N. Orange Avenue, Suite 500
    Orlando, FL 32801
    PH: (407) 354-5223
    Email: info@obmlegal.com
    Website: www.obmlegal.com

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.