How to go about getting a paternity test even tho I signed the birth Certifcate

Asked about 1 year ago - Tallahassee, FL

At the time of my child birth I was unaware that someone else could be the father. My relationship with the mother ended years ago and a court order for me to pay child . Ive been paying , but last month after a court hearing she gotten upset with me because I'm not making the same salary and she want more and unable to pay more. So after court she tells me ,"oh your the father any how", my heart drop, so what do I do now because I want to know is this or isn't this my child Ive been caring for , for 13 years?

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

2

Answered . So was a paternity action ever done establishing your parental rights and time sharing with the minor child? Were you ever married to the mother? More information is needed and I would recommend you consult with a local family law attorney in your area directly.

Many great attorneys can be found here on Avvo and offer free consultations. Good luck.

/s/ Ophelia Bernal-Mora, Esquire
    Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A.
    37 N. Orange Avenue, Suite 500
    Orlando, FL 32801
    PH: (407) 354-5223
    Email: info@obmlegal.com
    Website: www.obmlegal.com