How to go about a Domestic Violence eviction case?

Asked over 4 years ago - Kirkland, WA

My sister and husband got an apartment under my mothers name and now my sister no longer lives there, due to domestic violence, but he was not sentenced. How can my mother get herself off the lease? What actions can she take since there is no case, but he is somewhat dangerous?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Abraham J. Ritter

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . In this situation, your mother should take a copy of the lease to an attorney that handles landlord-tenant issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,813 answers this week

2,944 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,813 answers this week

2,944 attorneys answering