How to get your green card when your spouse divorce you.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

My question is my daughter was married and later got divorce but the guy was illegal now his going to court all the time. as a mother in- law what can i do. please help me. thank you

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . If her husband was illegal she cannot derive any benefit or status from him because he does not have any status to confer on her.
    If indeed he had legal status to confer on her, she cannot file for benefit after the divorce and he is needed to sign the documents and the marriage must be subsisting, unless there was abuse involved. In that case she can file even after divorce.
    What court is he attending?
    You are welcome to use the link provided below.
    Good luck.

Related Topics

Marriage and prenups

Entering into a prenuptial agreement before marriage can protect certain assets in the event of a divorce, but such agreements must be carefully written.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,757 answers this week

3,624 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,757 answers this week

3,624 attorneys answering