How to get working permit

Falls Church, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi!
I was wandering is it possible to sponsor a person who came legally to USA and used to work legally but whoes visa has expired in a meantime, and get him a working authorization by sponsoring him? Thank you!

Starting GC for foreign national is possible; however the employee may not be able to continue working and get GC unless they meet the certain requirements. You may want to discuss the job requirements and employee qualifications with an experienced immigration attorney so you understand the process.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

I do not think so. Not under the current version of the INA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

No, sorry .

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.