How to get the local office to forward appeal to the BIA?

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I went to my local office to check on the appeal status, when they looked at the computer they said it already went to the BIA and came back according to their system. But I've been calling the BIA once every two weeks since the appeal was filed and they say they never received it. And we never got any receipt from BIA. My attorney office is telling me that the USCIS made a mistake and will eventually forward it. My question is what can we do to have it forwarded to the BIA??

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

8

Answered . You attorney should be dealing with it not us here on forum.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . Why aren't you listening to your attorney?

Why are you making telephone calls to the BIA and CIS? That is your attorney's job.

BIA appeals can take months, and months, and possibly years.

Don't be so eager to have them decide. Unfortunately, statistically the BIA 'affirms' denials more often than they reverse them.

Keep in touch with your attorney and relax ... yes, I know it will be difficult to relax ... but, try.

3. Jose Antonio Moreno

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. However, if you did not receive a receipt within a month after filing I'd ask to see the fedex or courier receipt to make sure your appeal is not denied for failure to timely file.