How to get the Federal government to enforce its Federal contract I-864?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

At least for the food stamps case who should turn it to the Federal Government to order ex-husband to repay the Food Stamps and me not to be on food stamps?

1. Stephen D. Berman

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . The federal government can choose whether or not it wants to be reimbursed. Regarding yourself, you can enforce the contact between your ex husband and yourself by filing in federal court to enforce the contract. Recently the Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit upheld enforcing such contracts, without even requiring the foreign nation to try to mitigate or reduce the costs by trying to find work.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Enforcement of an I-864 is entirely at the discretion of the Federal government.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . I agree. The I-864 is not for you to enforce.