How to get temporary custody in georgia

Asked almost 3 years ago - Chattanooga, TN

the mother is in jail for charges related to abandonment and neglect. the child is now a legal resident of tennessee and living with her father but since the incident occurred in georgia we must fight in georgia. we need to get custody without a lot of cost and without representation if at all possible since we haven't been able to find any legal aid agencies that help in domestic cases.

1. Aldous Desmond Mccrory

Answered . I understand the need to find a way to handle these matters "without a lot of cost and without representation"; however, in order to have the greatest likelihood of success, you really need an attorney. If DFCS is involved, they will have an attorney. The child's father will most likely have an attorney. You will be at a significant disadvantage if you do not have a lawyer. Any information you can obtain from forums like this will only serve you until you get into court. Once in court, things will change rapidly. Without knowledge of the law and the court's procedure, you will find it very difficult to achieve the outcome you desire.

I know this is not the information you wanted to hear, but it is the best answer to your question.