How to get property tax lowered

Raleigh, NC |

had put in form last year to get the assessment dropped on this property. It is appraised $200,564 but if I got an appraisal on it for sale I doubt it would be $180k tops. Why am I getting rejected for reduce appraisal and is there an department I can appeal to for my case and what is the best evidence I can submet aside from a costly appraisal

The reject for timing (usually processing these only at certain times of the year), and on documentation.

Documentation can range from zillow (poor) to a complete FMV (company) appraisal with all 3 mathematical approaches, comparables,(essentially a $10,000 appraisal).

Hopefully they might let you know why yours failed.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

2. You should hire an attorney and pay a few dollars to get this done. My guess is that you are not making the right arguments or something of that nature. There are usually specific factors, and if you are not addressing them in your request, you are not answering their questions so to speak. You can also talk to a neighbor that has done one and been successful.

Christopher Larson
    www.bellevue-tax-attorneys.com
    www.insightlawfirm.wordpress.com