How to get property tax lowered

Asked over 2 years ago - Raleigh, NC

had put in form last year to get the assessment dropped on this property. It is appraised $200,564 but if I got an appraisal on it for sale I doubt it would be $180k tops. Why am I getting rejected for reduce appraisal and is there an department I can appeal to for my case and what is the best evidence I can submet aside from a costly appraisal

1. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . The reject for timing (usually processing these only at certain times of the year), and on documentation.

Documentation can range from zillow (poor) to a complete FMV (company) appraisal with all 3 mathematical approaches, comparables,(essentially a $10,000 appraisal).

Hopefully they might let you know why yours failed.

2. Christopher Michael Larson

2

1

Answered . You should hire an attorney and pay a few dollars to get this done. My guess is that you are not making the right arguments or something of that nature. There are usually specific factors, and if you are not addressing them in your request, you are not answering their questions so to speak. You can also talk to a neighbor that has done one and been successful.

Christopher Larson
    www.bellevue-tax-attorneys.com
    www.insightlawfirm.wordpress.com