How to get property seized in drug raid returned?

Asked over 4 years ago - Lufkin, TX

Property was seized during raid at boyfriend's. Mine & his. iPhone, hard drives, and 5500.00 in cash. He has receipts for some of the money, which was won at the casino. Can he get that money returned? Can they just keep the iPhone? I would really like to get my hard drives and iPhone back? I was there during raid, they ran in while we were sleeping. They didn't arrest me, but now, they are saying they can charge me with the same charges 8 months later. They want me to come in and talk to them, saying it is my best intrest to cooperate. What do I need to do?

1. John Leif Fossum

Answered . You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible. If you are going to cooperate you need to understand what is going on, if not, you need to understand the risks. Either way, only a lawyer meeting privately with you can assess the situation and advise you properly.

As to the property it depends if it was seized or is being held as evidence. If it was seized it may be hard to get it back at this point, but you still need to consult an attorney in your area to determine your best course of action here.