How to get passport without other parent consent ,

Brookline, MA |
Filed under: Family law

I am facing big problems , my husband me and my child , long time before , i don't know his address , also there is domestic violance issue he abused me and went to jail for that , later judge order no contact , when i applied for my child they said other parent , i never wanted sole custody , but the problem passport agency said that you need something from court , i went to court they said its will take long time , i have emergency back in my country , i need to go since long time i apples for passport and i don't get it ,

1. You can try to file for an emergency order; this will be easier with an attorney.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

2. I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with this unfortunate situation. You will need to file an emergency action with the court. It would best to bring a qualified family law attorney with you. Good luck.

Advice provided is of a general nature to provide guidance. Divorce law is state specific. One should always check the laws in their home jurisdiction. An attorney-client relationship is not intended or established through provided responses.

3. I agree with my colleagues. You should retain counsel and have this matter brought before the court on an emergency basis.

Good luck!

Anthony Rao