Skip to main content

How to get passport without other parent consent ,

Brookline, MA |
Filed under: Family law

I am facing big problems , my husband me and my child , long time before , i don't know his address , also there is domestic violance issue he abused me and went to jail for that , later judge order no contact , when i applied for my child they said other parent , i never wanted sole custody , but the problem passport agency said that you need something from court , i went to court they said its will take long time , i have emergency back in my country , i need to go since long time i apples for passport and i don't get it ,

Attorney Answers 3


You can try to file for an emergency order; this will be easier with an attorney.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with this unfortunate situation. You will need to file an emergency action with the court. It would best to bring a qualified family law attorney with you. Good luck.

Advice provided is of a general nature to provide guidance. Divorce law is state specific. One should always check the laws in their home jurisdiction. An attorney-client relationship is not intended or established through provided responses.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues. You should retain counsel and have this matter brought before the court on an emergency basis.

Good luck!

Anthony Rao

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics