How to get out of an LLC on legal zoom

A couple of months ago I came up with a business idea and started a business with two partners . One of the partners created a LLC on legal zoom . com with each of us ( three partners ) having 33 1 / 2 of the business . I called legal zoom to get information today ( such as terms and conditions of agreement ) and they said I am not an authorized contact on the legal zoom account so they are not allowed to release information to me . What should I do ? How can I get out of the LLC ? I have no money for legal fees .

Levittown, NY -

Mark Michael Campanella

Mark Michael Campanella

Business Attorney - Fairport, NY

I hate saying it, but the three of you should have gone to an attorney in the first place. I am not a big fan of these one stop shops who will set you up with a loaded gun and absolutely no instruction on how to use it. That's exactly what happened here, If you want out of this LLC, Legalzoom isn't who you need to turn to - it's a local attorney with business counseling experience who can guide you through what needs to be done.

Jeffrey Mead Kurzon

Jeffrey Mead Kurzon

Business Attorney - New York, NY

You should request from your partners a copy of the LLC agreement to know the terms and conditions of the operating agreement, which is the document that governs the relation between you as a member vis-a-vis the other members and the company. I would be happy to assist you with this. Feel free to contact me to make an appointment to speak.

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

Personal Injury Lawyer - Poughkeepsie, NY

Mr. Campanella is quite right. And you should have gotten a copy from the other member(s) who has a copy, so demand one now. Then proceed to an attorney's office to discuss dissolution.

Anne Marie R. Segal

Anne Marie R. Segal

Business Attorney - Stamford, CT

Did you actually sign anything? If you entered into an LLC agreement, you should have been asked to execute the agreement. LegalZoom cannot bind you to something, nor can another individual without your consent. If you did sign it, you should have been provided a copy.

Michael C. Wild

Michael C. Wild

Business Attorney - Williamsville, NY

Get a copy of all the formation documents (articles of organization, the operating agreement, etc.) and speak with an attorney about your options.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.