How to get my money back from a person she make some paper saying that she will pay me 10% int. now she don't want to pay me

Medford, OR |

she make this and writing and notarize saying that I can claim this on her house and now she don't answer the phone is been over two years . is any way I can get my money back? 541-324-4947

Don't post your phone number on a public website. The attorneys on here are not allowed to directly contact you. You will need to call an attorney in your area if you want help.

If the amount of money is not a lot, you should sue this person in small claims court. That is the cheapest way to go and you won't need to pay an attorney. Once you get a Judgment you will need to do what is called "transcribe" the Judgement to Circuit court so it will create a lien on her house, if her house is in the county where you get the Judgment. If her house is in a different County you can record the Judgment in the county where her house is and it will create a lien. There is just a small fee for transcribing the Judgment and recording it in a different county.

The forms for the small claims process can be obtained at the courthouse and they can tell you what the maximum amount of the claim is. It used to be $15,000 but it might have been increased. Check at the courthouse.

For most debts you have 6 years to file a lawsuit to collect so you should be fine since it's only been two years. I would do it now and get your judgment now. Keep in mind that if your friend files for bankruptcy now or after you have your judgment, it can cancel you judgment and then you get nothing.

The comments by this author to questions posted on Avvo are designed to foster a general understanding of what might be the law governing the area of the legal problem stated and suggest what might be the approach to finding a legal solution. Under no circumstances is this author acting as the attorney for the party who posted the question or as the attorney for subsequent readers to the question or response and no attorney client relationship is being formed. This attorney's comments are not intended to be a substitute for getting legal advice from a licensed attorney. A reader of this author's comments should never act on the information provided in these comments as though these comments were legal advice and should always seek legal advice in a personal consultation with an attorney in their jurisdiction before taking action. The information provided here is not intended to cover every situation with similar facts. Please remember that the law varies between states and other countries and is always changing through actions of the courts and the Legislature.