How to get my drivers license back from failure to pay traffic fines in sacramento ca?

Galt, CA |

Me and my husband both each owe $2,500 in traffic fines and both got our drivers License suspended we can't get jobs without a DL and don't have the money to pay the fines we need jobs to live but need A DL to have a job to get money. What do we do?

You could request a payment plan from the court, and ask to get the suspension lifted for the time of your compliance.
It doesn't hurt to ask:)

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

It already went to collection in the court I don't think payment plan is an option. Also my husband has a good construction job waiting for him but he can't get hired until he gets his license. Is there something out there that can take care of this these fines so he can get his license back and get this job.....bankruptcy?? Anything???

Zev Goldstein

Zev Goldstein

You don't think it will work to get a payment plan, but like my father may he rest in peace used to say, "It doesn't hurt to ask".

I cannot tell if you ever dealt with these tickets. If you did not you have a chance of getting your licenses back and getting a payment plan with court. You should get an attorney to clear this up ASAP . If you get stopped by police your problems will e compounded as your car will get impounded.
If you took care of tickets but just have a fine to pay you will have to get your matter put on calendar and request a payment plan or community service to pay the fines off. Good luck!

Our fines went to the collection dept at the court already . What are our options now?