How to get My Case Number?

Asked about 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

Dears,
Greetings
Please can you advise me how to know my Case Number I already file My I-130 for my Spouse
Thanks in Advance for your help
Regards
EYob

Dear All
I sent my file i-130 with US Postal Service but i use the address for Express mails Address " I-30 131 south Dearborn-3rd F1 Chicago IL 60603-551" Can USCIS accept my File? if not what should i have to do?
Waiting your usual prompt reply
Many Thanks in Advance
EYob

1. Edward A Nelson

6

Answered . If you received an I-797 receipt notice, the number is on that form. Look for a receipt number.

2. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . When you receive the receipt notice, the top section will have a receipt number. The receipt number is the case number. If the person you are petitioning for will need to consular process abroad, when the petition is approved and transferred to the National Visa Center, it will be assigned another case number. That one will be on correspondence from the NVC. It would help to have an immigration attorney take you through the process

3. Alexus Paul Sham

6

Answered . You need to obtain a receipt notice from USCIS which will contain your receipt number.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . After 2-3 weeks you'll get a receipt.

Most of the time it is also printed on the back of your cancelled check.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . Once the filing is properly accepted the Notice will have the Receipt Number in that document. May start with the letters LIN, etc.