How to get ICE / DHS Homeland Security Immigration Bond Money back (Return)...

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I wan in deten center in nj, my ex husband paid 5000$ for my bond, i now i have determination . But my ex moved to California and no not want to help me return my money, all he did it sent me a letter that he agree that i can take that money, he put notary stamp. Does it gonna work?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Once final disposition of your removal matter is reached, the person who posted the bond needs to contact local immigration bond office with proper identification and original SS Card in his or her hand and the money will be returned. Provided of course, your prior actions did not forfeit the bond all together.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your husband posted the bond for you, then ICE will return the money only to him.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The obligor (person who paid the bond) has to file with USCIS in Vermont to have the bond money returned. He will need a bond cancellation document from ICE and the original bond paperwork.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Immigration bail bonds

An immigration bond is money paid to the court to release a detained immigrant, while ensuring a return for further court proceedings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,035 answers this week

3,893 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,035 answers this week

3,893 attorneys answering