How to get B2 visa while having J1 visa while being in USA?

Southampton, NY |

In order to change my visa status from J1 (expires in october) to B2 while being in USA (I'm originally from Poland) the only thing I have to do is just fill out the I-539 Form and wait for the answer? What exactly do I have to do to be able to receive B2 visa??

As long as you are not subject to the two-year home residency requirement, you can submit form I-539 to apply to change your status from J-1 to B-2. To obtain a B-2 visa in the future, you need to apply in Poland.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration