How to get an Ohio judge to enforce a probation violation while the person on probation lives in Michigan?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lorain, OH

My ex-wife lives in Michigan, she is on probation for several counts of felony. She has committed three more felonies against me since her conviction. I have made three different police reports from three different cities and zero help to press charges. As far as violating her probation from Ohio, she has NOT followed through with the agreement for her probation(I.E) she was to get a job and maintain one and a few other requirements she has failed to do. Also she (Ann Kezhaya, you can Google her to see my nightmare) has served no time in jail, per the judgement, she was to spend 180 days but the judge postponed this (for unknown reasons to me). Now we have three innocent little boys whom are being abused by her lifestyle and still...no help. I contacted both probation officers & the judge

1. Donald Michael Gallick

Pro

Answered . Whenever you are the victim of a crime -- or witness a crime -- the first step is to file a police report. The police may investigate it, the police may ignore it; the police may present the case to a prosecutor who will indict/charge the crime, which could lead to a conviction and a subsequent probation violation in the previous case. However, the first step on the ladder is to simply file a police report.

2. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . An Ohio judge does not have authority and therefore can not do anything regarding Michigan probation. You would have to contact her probation officer in Michigan. If she is committing a crime in Ohio you should contact the police. The police will not file a charge against her if they do not believe that a crime has been committed.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
    (937)510-6110 phone
    (937)867-4111 fax
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com