Skip to main content

How to get a quick claim deed in Phoenix AZ, from my ex-husband who is in jail?

Phoenix, AZ |

I am 1st on the loan and we divorced 18 months after it was purchased, The courts awarded me the home I have been the only one living in it since then (2010).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hi. Thank you for the question. Do you think your ex is agreeable to a quit claim deed?

Scott A. Mac Leod is licensed to practice law in Arizona. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.



I think so Yes Sir

Scott A Macleod

Scott A Macleod


Quit claim deeds are easy to construct. Give me a call for a free consultation, and perhaps my firm can construct one for you.


If you are still in need, this is not a difficult process. Let me know if you require assistance.

Douglas Edmunds is in the business of helping people and companies file for bankruptcy protection. The bankruptcy code requires that I call my firm a "debt relief agency." Any answers or information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be a legal opinion, legal advice or a complete discussion of the legal issues. This is not intended to create a attorney-client relationship. Each individual's situation is different and you should seek independent legal advice from an attorney familiar with the laws of your state for specific information.


Contact the facility that he is located and discuss your need. Depending on the location and terms of visitation, you may be able to bring along a notary to witness his signing, or you may need him to sign a power of attorney which will grant you the authority to sign a quit claim on his behalf. Those are two potential options.

Legal disclaimer: Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer