How to get a passport for a minor , when parent is in no way to be around??

Santa Barbara, CA |

I have apply for my 15 year old passport , filled D.S - 3053 form , but the application was put on hold as her Dad signature and Id is need , the issue is the I don't where he s at , don't is he is in U.S.A or in Mexico as he is been deported , him I never got married yes we lived together but I left him 8 years ago because he was abusive and I haven't had contact with him , I haven't seeing him since then . All this years is being my their mom covering their needs. My daughter need her passport before June 12 2013 as she will be leaving in a trip to Europe , a trip that was offered trough her school . Please I need some advise don't know how to do ,

Talk to to passport office, explain the situation, see what they say.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Have an attorney file a paternity suit.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You may be able to obtain a passport for your daughter without the consent of her father through the following methods: (1) court order granting sole custody; (2) court order specifically permitting your daughter's travel; and (3) written statement explaining why the non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.