How to get a passport for a minor , when parent is in no way to be around??

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Barbara, CA

I have apply for my 15 year old passport , filled D.S - 3053 form , but the application was put on hold as her Dad signature and Id is need , the issue is the I don't where he s at , don't is he is in U.S.A or in Mexico as he is been deported , him I never got married yes we lived together but I left him 8 years ago because he was abusive and I haven't had contact with him , I haven't seeing him since then . All this years is being my their mom covering their needs. My daughter need her passport before June 12 2013 as she will be leaving in a trip to Europe , a trip that was offered trough her school . Please I need some advise don't know how to do ,

1. 5

Answered . Talk to to passport office, explain the situation, see what they say.

2. 4

Answered . You may be able to obtain a passport for your daughter without the consent of her father through the following methods: (1) court order granting sole custody; (2) court order specifically permitting your daughter's travel; and (3) written statement explaining why the non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained.

3. 3

Answered . Have an attorney file a paternity suit.