How to get a paraphernalia charge dismissed?

Asked 3 months ago - Fayetteville, AR

The paraphernalia charge is a little baggie. In it was 0.9 grams of controlled substance. Is it difficult to get this charge thrown out? What contributing factors should I be aware of? Is it just up to the judge?
NOTE: first drug charge ever. Past charges all non violent.

1. Seth Layton Bowman

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Not sure if this is misd. or felony because you don't say. Either way, since you have some prior charges you'll need to make sure to tell your criminal defense attorney this. They need to figure out if you used the any first time offender acts for expungements. Paraphanelia is treated as a drug charge in some instances, and is not in others. It does not carry the mandatory license suspension that a marijuana charge does. Washington county is decent to work with. There are several decent criminal defense attorneys.

2. Frank Mascagni III

1

1

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in your area to represent you. You have a prior criminal record that may impact a prosecutors offer. Get counsel.

3. Valerie Semmes Bouffiou

1

Answered . No attorney can ever make guarantees about the outcome of a case, but your best shot of fighting a charge begins with a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney who practices in the court where you have been charged. You can use Avvo's Find a Lawyer search tool to browse attorneys in your area.

4. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . No attorney can answer your questions without knowing all of the facts and circumstances. We have to read all of the police reports and witness statements and determine whether there is even a possibility of moving to suppress or dismiss. That is one of the first tasks that an attorney has in a criminal case.