How to get a no contact order dropped or lifted

Asked over 1 year ago - Bloomington, IL

My boyfriend has a domestic battery charge on him.I didnt press charges I didnt even want him to go to jail , but they arrested him and the state picked it up..I want the no contact order lifted but not sure how or what to do. I called the attorney genearls office twice and begged them to take it off and wont.he didnt even do anything wrong we got into an argument while we were drinking.none of this should even be going on .its causing finacial problems .he is the only one that works and pays all the bills im afaird were going to lose our home and of course i miss him dearly..please someone help

1. Judy A. Goldstein

4

Answered . It is not up to you to order the lifting of a no contact order. The no contact order goes along with the domestic battery charge. You might request a modification, allowing your boyfriend back into the home, but there is no guarantee that will happen. Perhaps the prosecution will consider a modification of the no contact order if you temporarily move out yourself if your boyfriend is prohibited from entering the home. It is unclear how this is affecting you financially since your boyfriend should still be able to go to work and pay bills.

All your questions should be asked of your boyfriend's attorney.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . Legal complications do not arise in vacuum. Without a probable cause or complaining witness your boyfriend could not be criminally charged with domestic battery, especially when you cite "he didn’t even do anything wrong we got into an argument while we were drinking." That qualifies as probable cause.
    Also, you seem to be misled. It is not the Attorney General's Office that handles such cases; it is the prosecutors in that particular county.
    Your boyfriend needs a criminal defense attorney to complete this matter as efficiently as possible in the court room, not on a public forum where such case could never be adjudicated.

3. Henry Lebensbaum

Answered . My suggestion is that you contact a lawyer and have the lawyer speak to the prosecutor and/or have your lawyer appear in court in your behalf and asked the judge to modify the order.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.