How to get a jury trial ?

Coon Rapids, MN |
Filed under: Criminal defense

if the judge refuses a jury trial

You or your attoney makes a motion for a jury trial before the court. The court must grant the motion if you are charged with a felony and in most states, a misdemeanor that carries jsil time if convicted.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

If you are charged with a misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor, or felony, you have any absolute right to a jury trial. No judge can deny it. If you are only charged with a petty misdemeanor, then you do not get a jury.

First, retain an attorney. Second, demand a jury trial.