How to get a hold lifted for probation so a loved one can be released from prison?does this really require a lawyer?

Asked 11 months ago - Atlanta, GA

My bf has been in jail for a year.he was on probation in Fulton county but caught a charge in Cobb county jail he was sentenced to a year and a half on a drug charge.they sent him to coastal state to a 90 day program then he could parole out.well he completed the program on august 7th and of course the day he was supposed to be released he couldn't because he had a hold in Fulton county.the prison said they would release him before Fulton county comes to get him if he got the hold taken off and get his parole and probation ran in concurrent I know its possible but I need to know if this is something I can do myself by making a couple phone calls or do I NEED to hire my attorney.I let him know about it and he wants to charge me 1700.I just need to know what is he quickest route to end it

1. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

4

1

Answered . Your boy friend needs a lawyer.

2. Mark J. Issa

4

1

Answered . He needs an attorney and the tasks will vary greatly depending on who the probation officer is, the judge, the prosecutor and the case manager (to the Judge). Taking this on without counsel will surely delay his release greatly. Best of luck to you.

3. Jeffrey Dean Anderson

4

1

Answered . Yes, he really does need an attorney. Good luck.

4. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

1

Answered . If the hold is in Fulton County State Court, and it is for missing court, then the hold can be removed almost immediately. Once removed, it takes the Fulton County system 24 to 48 hours to update, and show that the hold has been removed. Removing this type of hold is relatively easy to do.