Skip to main content

How to get a family member out of a rental house that has not paid rent in over a year and is a hoarder, she has 4 cats 2 dogs

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

She just bought one dog the other day for $300. But can't pay us because she said she has no money for food

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Legally, you can evict them. Morally, is this what you really want to do? You seem more concerned about their well being to me but unsure how to approach the family problem and possible mental well being issue of your relative.

The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to questions does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always see a lawyer about your individual situation.


You should consult with a landlord tenant attorney to get legal help with an unlawful detainer action. If you want the tenant out, legal steps and paperwork need to get filed.

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer