How to get a copy of a Criminal History Record?

Bronx, NY |

I am looking to get a copy of a criminal history record. Where exactly would be the right direction to get this document.

As in a "rap sheet" (formally "NYSIIS report")? Only the DA, court, defendant, and Probation are entitled to it. And defendant only in the context of a pending prosecution. FOIL won't work, and neither will subpoena.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon free legal advice, and I disclaim any liability for the outcome if you do. Any opinions offered on matters outside New York State are for general informational purposes only.

You can pay for a name and date of birth search on nycourts.com. it will not pick up alias use.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

I meant nycourts.gov

See here: https://www.nycourts.gov/apps/chrs/.