HOW TO GET A "NO CONTACT" ORDER LIFTED?

Stratford, NJ |

A few years back my Ex-boyfriend was heavy on drugs and alcohol, we got into a argument and I would up being beat up by him. His behavior that night was disgusting. However, I believe anyone can change and be a better person. I have 3 children none are his. Dyfs was involved at that time and they made me do counseling etc. I completed and case was closed. A few months later I was spotted with my ex and My daughers father went to court and got temp custody of my daughter. They said because he was dangerous although when we were seen he was not abusing anyone . In order to get my daughter back I was told I had to put a restraining order and have a no contact order in place for my daughter. However, I did not need one for my sons. Is there a way to lift this no contact? He is no longer a prob

You can ask the issuing Court to lift the Order.

But it is not a restraining order its a no contact under my custody order with my daughters dad. that was the agrrement I had to make or my daughter wasn't coming home. It was weird but they said even with no restraining order he can not come near my daughter but my daughter cries for him every day she is 12 yrs old.

Mark M Cheser

Mark M Cheser

You need to file to have that modified by the issuing court.

I agree the first step is to contact the court. I also feel it would be a motion to lift the restraining order based on changed circumstances.

I had similar circumstances, my father that knows the judge got involved and pressed the matter. It's been 3 years since everything happened and we both have changed for the better. I've written the judge/court two times requesting for the no contact order to be recinded. But he declined my request. Who do I go to next for my rights back?

Yolanda Navarrete

Yolanda Navarrete

I believe it has to be done by a motion. I'd have to research to find law to back up the motion.

You can try going back to court for a modification of the no-contact provision.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody