HOW TO GET A "NO CONTACT" ORDER LIFTED?

Asked over 2 years ago - Stratford, NJ

A few years back my Ex-boyfriend was heavy on drugs and alcohol, we got into a argument and I would up being beat up by him. His behavior that night was disgusting. However, I believe anyone can change and be a better person. I have 3 children none are his. Dyfs was involved at that time and they made me do counseling etc. I completed and case was closed. A few months later I was spotted with my ex and My daughers father went to court and got temp custody of my daughter. They said because he was dangerous although when we were seen he was not abusing anyone . In order to get my daughter back I was told I had to put a restraining order and have a no contact order in place for my daughter. However, I did not need one for my sons. Is there a way to lift this no contact? He is no longer a prob

1. Mark M Cheser

1

Answered . You can ask the issuing Court to lift the Order.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Answered . I agree the first step is to contact the court. I also feel it would be a motion to lift the restraining order based on changed circumstances.

3. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

Answered . You can try going back to court for a modification of the no-contact provision.