Skip to main content


Stratford, NJ |

A few years back my Ex-boyfriend was heavy on drugs and alcohol, we got into a argument and I would up being beat up by him. His behavior that night was disgusting. However, I believe anyone can change and be a better person. I have 3 children none are his. Dyfs was involved at that time and they made me do counseling etc. I completed and case was closed. A few months later I was spotted with my ex and My daughers father went to court and got temp custody of my daughter. They said because he was dangerous although when we were seen he was not abusing anyone . In order to get my daughter back I was told I had to put a restraining order and have a no contact order in place for my daughter. However, I did not need one for my sons. Is there a way to lift this no contact? He is no longer a prob

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can ask the issuing Court to lift the Order.

  2. I agree the first step is to contact the court. I also feel it would be a motion to lift the restraining order based on changed circumstances.

  3. You can try going back to court for a modification of the no-contact provision.

    DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

Domestic violence topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics