How to find spouse and how to get child support?

Asked about 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

I was married and came to USA on H4 and we have a baby who is US citizen. My baby is 18 months old and I was working on H1 here for sometime and later agian went to H4. My husband took us to homecountry and came back to USA. He never came to see us and never sent money to us. I have now come to USA on H1. How can I find him and how can I get child support from him? Is he subject to child abandon. I will not be able to spend lot on finding him. But he cannot runaway from us like that. Please advice....

Additional information

He was sponsored GC by his employer and never include us. what can I do next?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael T Millar


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are a number of services that can perform a "skip trace" search for an individual for a nominal fee (typically no more than $100).

    If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education... more
  2. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have several issues. For divorce and child support, you would have to speak to a matrimonial attorney. As far as the immigration side of things, he did not include you and you are no longer together so you can't benefit from his application. Speak to your employer if they are willing to sponsor you.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,336 answers this week

2,764 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary