Skip to main content

How to find out the spouse?

Little Rock, AR |

I and my husband are married since 2008 and I came to USA on H4. My husband sent me to home country and did not support me and my baby. I have now come to USA on H1 and I do not know where he is. My baby is born in USA and holds USA passport. it has been 6 months. since there is no communication. what I should do next? How to find him?

He is in USA.

Attorney Answers 3


I moved your question in order to receive the best answer,

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


This is not an immigration law question.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You should contact a family law attorney. Such an attorney can help you file for child support and perform a search to see if your husband is still in the U.S.

I am not your attorney. I am providing you an answer for general information purposes only. That information should be used as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issues. You should not rely on the information above as legal information. Finally, your question and its answers are not confidential and not subject to attorney-client privilege.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics