Skip to main content

How to find out if someone is getting the Post 9 -11 GI BILL. to collect for child support

San Diego, CA |

I have been trying to collect child support from my kids father who resides in California for almost a year. My kids father will not add in his income for the post 9-11 GI BILL. Child support is saying that I need to find out if he is getting it before our court hearing. How can I find out that he is collecting the G.I BILL, this would help me a lot. Yes, the father does not like to play nice nor take care of his kids. Any information would be great. THANK YOU IN ADAVACE.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Your ex is required to provide an Income and Expense Declaration anytime a child support modification is filed. There is also a form, called "Request for Income and Expense Declaration after Judgment" that you are entitled to serve once per year. You can find it via google, just search for form FL-396. If you do not believe that your ex will admit this willingly, you may need to subpoena the military. You need a court-issued subpoena (i.e. the judge will have to sign it). Regardless, it may not even be considered as income available for support, so it is best to consult an attorney. Good luck!

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics