How to find my NVC case priority date ?

Orlando, FL |

Hello,
I have been trying to check on my NVC priority date to see when is schedule interview, when I tried to check the priority date I found some options and I didnt know which one is my visa, My visa is spouse immigrant by USA Citizen, so my question is what is my visa type on the priority date categories, and what is the priority date by the way?
Thank you so much.

1. You don't have a priority date. The spouse of a US citizen is an 'immediate relative' ... they are 'exempt' from the priority date system.

Rather, they will be processed as fast as the government can 'handle' things.

NOTE: The DOS & NVC computers are BROKEN ... this will cause a LONG DELAY ... worldwide ... while they fix their system.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. In your case, a priority date has not been assigned since it is a immediate family based case ( spouse of a U.S. citizen).
    The NVC will assign a case number ( 3 letters & 10 numbers) which is separate and apart from the USCIS file number.

3. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens don't receive priority dates. If you have your receipt number, you can call the National Customer Service Center to find out the status of your application. Their number is: 1 (800) 375-5283.

The opinions expressed by Joanne Tinsley, Esq. are made based on a general understanding of the topic at hand and without the benefit of knowing all of the pertinent facts of your case. Her answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship.

4. A spouse of a US citizen is considered an immediate relative and the is no priority.

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.