How to find info on the grand jury process in florida (orange county in particular)

Orlando, FL |

how do I find info on the grand jury process in florida (orange county in particular)

I am not the subject of an investigation.I am the one trying to investigate the grand jury which should be open to the people.I know the deliberation is a closed proceeding unless you are called to present evidence or testimony. I dont understand why I cant find any info on the local process.Seems a bit suspicious. No one can block my right to present a complaint to the grand jury.That is why they are there.They are our last line of defense against corrupt gov. officials who will not indict or investigate corruption within their own agencies.For instance what if I want to have a ASA prosecuted? Are you going to tell me the only way to do it is to complain to another ASA?That complaint will go right in the trash and you know it.If we no longer have access to the grand jury then America is truly dead and we are under TYRANNY.I am trying to disprove a pseudo legal scholar who says "they have taken away our grand juries" and I hope I am successful.It would be really sad to find out he is correct

1. You don't really, it is an incredibly secretive and closed process. Best bet is to hire a lawyer if you are the subject of a grand jury investigation.

John S. Riordan, Esq., is a partner with Kelley, Kronenberg, Gilmartin, Fichtel, Wander, Bamdas, Eskalyo & Dunbrack running the West Palm Beach Criminal Defense and White Collar Crime Division. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. He can be reached at (561) 886-2620 for a free consultation. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

2. The Florida Bar has general information on Florida's grand jury process. I have attached the link for you.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for information purposes. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions.

3. Both my colleagues are correct, the grand jury process is intentionally secretive and kept away from the public.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

4. You sound like a conspiracy theorist, but below is a link to the Grand Jury Handbook promulgated by the Florida Supreme Court.

5. It seems all the attorneys responding are agreement. The grand jury proceeding are secret and not open to the general public. I attended a grand jury proceeding one time in my thirteen years as a defense attorney and that was because my client was testifying.

I am not sure if your concern about the grand jury process. If you believe you may be indicted or that you may be called to testify, you should consult an attorney.

Civil rights topics