How to find info on the grand jury process in florida (orange county in particular)

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

how do I find info on the grand jury process in florida (orange county in particular)

I am not the subject of an investigation.I am the one trying to investigate the grand jury which should be open to the people.I know the deliberation is a closed proceeding unless you are called to present evidence or testimony. I dont understand why I cant find any info on the local process.Seems a bit suspicious. No one can block my right to present a complaint to the grand jury.That is why they are there.They are our last line of defense against corrupt gov. officials who will not indict or investigate corruption within their own agencies.For instance what if I want to have a ASA prosecuted? Are you going to tell me the only way to do it is to complain to another ASA?That complaint will go right in the trash and you know it.If we no longer have access to the grand jury then America is truly dead and we are under TYRANNY.I am trying to disprove a pseudo legal scholar who says "they have taken away our grand juries" and I hope I am successful.It would be really sad to find out he is correct

1. Amanda Powers Sellers

10

Answered . The Florida Bar has general information on Florida's grand jury process. I have attached the link for you.

2. John Skyler Riordan

Pro

9

Answered . You don't really, it is an incredibly secretive and closed process. Best bet is to hire a lawyer if you are the subject of a grand jury investigation.

3. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

7

1

Answered . You sound like a conspiracy theorist, but below is a link to the Grand Jury Handbook promulgated by the Florida Supreme Court.

4. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

6

Answered . Both my colleagues are correct, the grand jury process is intentionally secretive and kept away from the public.

5. Christopher James Cina

3

Answered . It seems all the attorneys responding are agreement. The grand jury proceeding are secret and not open to the general public. I attended a grand jury proceeding one time in my thirteen years as a defense attorney and that was because my client was testifying.

I am not sure if your concern about the grand jury process. If you believe you may be indicted or that you may be called to testify, you should consult an attorney.