How to find/check if I am out of status or not?

Is there any site/phone number where I can connect/call to find my current status? Thanks

San Jose, CA -

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - San Jose, CA

No. Usually this will come up at a Consulate abroad when you apply for a visa and the CO will determine whether you failed to maintain status.

Sponsored Listing
Shuting Chen

Shuting Chen

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

A person can check his/her I-94 (if he/she has one) to see how long he/she was authorized to stay in the U.S., but of course the I-94 doesn't account for any actions that the person may have taken to cause him/her to fall out of status.

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

No. You can speak with an immigration attorney about your specific facts and he/she can give you their opinion.