How to find a good immigration attorney in my local areas ?

Boston, MA |
Filed under: Immigrant status

I am looking for an excellent , helping , experience and off course affordable (reasonable price) immigration attorney in my local area to file my adjustment of status. I am on F-1 and got married to a US citizen. What are the ways and specific criteria I should look to select the best immigration attorney with my requirement in my local area?

1. There are no such rules or criteria. You need to do the leg work yourself and search for the attorney you want to work with in your area. Each attorney's fees can be different, based on experience and complexity of the case. You'll need to contact and interview a few, to see which one you're most comfortable to work with.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. www.ailalawyer.com has an extensive listing.

Former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 Irvine, CA 92612. Email: info@khurgel.com Office: (949) 509-6515 Direct: (949) 535-6331 Fax: (949) 509-6599. Kindly note that this blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is simply an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. My colleagues are correct ... you must decide.

Look at our Avvo reviews, talk to other people in your area ... the final choice and decision is yours.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.