How to fill in i-130 US petition for relative form appropriately?

Asked about 1 year ago - Austin, TX

I'm US citizen currently living abroad in Singapore filing I-130 for my spouse for an immigration visa. I'll be sending the application to Chicago Lockbox. My husband previously had a green card but has since expired 5 years ago.
Do I need to state his previous social security and alien registration numbers under information on spouse (under Question C9 & 10)? I'm afraid if I provide this information when it's unnecessary, it may delay the process and invite unnecessary questions from the consular officer.

1. Alejandro E. Garcia

Pro

5

Answered . Yes. Also be aware that you will need an established residence in the U.S. by the time you file the visa application with the NVC with the affidavit of support. Otherwise the visa may be denied.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

5

1

Answered . Absolutely you need to disclose his social security number if he has one as well as his A# and copy of his previous Resident Alien card. Add an addenedum to explain his abandonment of the presious Resident Alien card -- marriage didn't work out and he returned home or whatever.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . You must answer all questions truthfully. Not doing so will cause problems and delays.

4. Gen Kimura

2

Answered . You have to answer all the questions as accurately as possible.

5. Angelique Giselle Montes

2

Answered . Yes, you must answer all questions fully and honestly. It is necessary to provide the information asked.

6. David Joseph Trevino

Pro

1

Answered . Not only is honesty the best policy, it' s required on these forms. I don't see this as a reason to hold up processing of your case. As a colleague stated below, you will need to establish residency in the US prior to initiating the visa processing for this case.